- The majority of STIs can be treated with medication.
STIs that cannot be cured can be managed.
- The sooner STI’s are treated the less long term damage will be done.
- It’s possible to have more than one type of STI at once.
- Not all STIs have symptoms – if you’ve had unprotected sex then you’re at risk.
- You can get STIs from all types of sexual act (including oral and using toys).
If you're worried, the best time to get tested is 2 weeks after the unprotected sexual act (this is the time in which most infections can be detected).