- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) Screening and Treatment Services: We routinely test for Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, HIV and Syphilis.
- Free Pregnancy Testing to those aged 18 and under.
- Contraception: Information, advice and issuing a range of contraceptive options including free condoms and C-Card Scheme.
- Emergency Contraception: Emergency hormonal contraception (the morning after pill) or coil insertion if you have had unprotected sex. Referral and support to termination of pregnancy services.
- HIV PEP and PREP: Information, advice and assessment for Post Exposure Prophylaxis, if you think you’ve been exposed to HIV.
- Psychosexual Counselling: A service for those aged 16+ referred via their GP for the management of problems such as lack/loss of libido and sexual performance.
- Sexual Violence: Information and links to your nearest Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) and information relating to support (including Child Sexual Exploitation, Female Genital Mutilation and Domestic Violence).
- Domiciliary Services: A specialist service for those who may find it difficult to access a GP practice or sexual health service for contraception advice and/or treatment.
- C-Card: Free and easy access to condoms and lube in a wide range of venues across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
What happens in clinic?
Our specialist staff are here to ensure that all interactions to our service are as easy and stress-free as possible.
Our service users report receiving high quality and dedicated care, which we strive to achieve across all our clinical and non-clinical provision.
Here are some frequently asked questions:
Do I need an appointment?
These can be booked via our switchboard on Tel: 0300 124 0102.
Our telephone queue only allows 10 calls at a time. Our call handlers work hard to answer these calls as quickly as possible. We appreciate that it is sometimes difficult to get through on your first attempt, and thank you for your patience and respect for our call handlers.
You must now register for a personal health record, PHR, to book online. There are many benefits once you have registered
• You only need to enter your personal details once
• More control over booking and cancelling your appointments
• You can update your demographics so they are always up to date on your medical record
• Any messages or correspondence we send will go directly to your PHR account. This will give you extra security and peace of mind.
What happens when I arrive?
You will be greeted by one of our front-of-house team who will support you to use our self-service kiosks to arrive yourself for your appointment. Please arrive 10 minutes before you appointment time to allow for this.
Please attend alone, unless you have advised us that you need any communication support. We are also unable to allow babies and children into the clinic.
Is the service free?
Yes all treatment and consultations are free