Getting tested for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) is free, easy and confidential.
The best time to get a test is 2 weeks after you have put yourself at risk (this is the time in which most infections can be detected).
There are various clinics that run within our service:
- Queue and wait: a walk in service for patients who are happy to queue and wait to be seen. (These clinics can be extremely busy. Emergencies will always be given priority - so you may not always be seen in the order in which you arrived. The nature of these clinics means that it is not always possible to see all patients - you will be advised of a expected wait time on your arrival and alternative clinics to attend will be offered.)
- Appointment: for patients with pre-booked appointments.
- Online: (Chlamydia, Syphilis, HIV and Gonorrhoea only.)
- CHOICES: specialist clinics for younger patients aged 24 and under.
- Male only: specialist clinic for male patients run at St. Peters Health Centre in Leicester.
- SHACC: clinics based within local surgeries in Leicester City.
- Sauna: free drop in clinics for homosexual and bisexual men based within local Saunas.
- Screen and Go: a service we offer to those who have no symptoms or signs of having an infection, but would still like to be tested for: Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea, HIV, Syphillis, Hepatitis B (if required), Hepatitis C (if required).