CPPE Emergency Contraception Training
(Public Health - Community Based Service Contracts) Community Pharmacists already on the provider list
Saturday 30th November: 10 - 12pm
Venue: Conference room at Haymarket Shopping Centre, First Floor. LE1 3YH
This resource will help pharmacy professionals acquire the knowledge, develop the skills and demonstrate the attitudes necessary to offer an emergency contraception service.
You will need to have completed the follow e-learning and attempted the e-assessment before you attend the course:
The learning objectives are as follows:
- describe the aims of an emergency contraceptive service and its place in contraception and sexual health services
- describe the principles of confidentiality and appropriate safeguarding
- work to emergency contraception consultations
- use the patient group direction appropriately to ensure that medico-legal aspects are balanced with the woman’s safety and preferences
- apply current clinical guidance to emergency contraception consultations to provide safe and effective care
- demonstrate a person-centred approach to the discussion being sensitive to the needs and preferences of the woman
- explain how and when you would refer or signpost a woman to a further service and how you would access further support and advice from local sexual health services if needed.