CPPE Emergency Contraception Training
All Community Pharmacists
Thursday 13th June, 19:30 - 21:30
Thursday 26th September, 19:30 - 21:30
The learning objectives are as follows:
- Understand the aims of emergency contraception service and its place in contraception and sexual health services overall.
- Understand confidentiality issues and be aware of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
- Understand and apply the medico-legal aspects of PGD’s, especially applied to patients under 16 (Fraser guidelines).
- Undertake the administration of PGD’s, including record keeping and associated paperwork.
- Be aware of the details of when to carry out a pregnancy test and the action to be taken following the result.
- Understand how and when to refer clients (signpost) and when to ask for support and advice from the local contraception and sexual health services.
- Counsel and advise clients appropriately and sensitively, and refer for further contraceptive care.
- Know what sources of support are available to the pharmacists involved in the provision of the service.
For more information or If you would like to book a place on a course please email: email@example.com